    therefor I can't do updates.
    Anybody know how to go around this problem?
    TIA

    alexandrew, Sep 22, 2003

  2. alexandrew

    Mike0000 Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193385

    Enable All ActiveX Security
    After you have completed all these steps, if the behavior continues and
    you receive the "Cannot Display Page" error message, follow these steps
    to enable all the ActiveX controls:

    1. In Internet Explorer click View, and then click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Security tab, click Custom as the security level, and
    then click Settings.
    3. Enable all ActiveX Controls and Plug-Ins.
    4. Close Internet Explorer, and then try to connect to Windows
    Update again.
    5. Proceed with Step 2, even if you can now access the site

    Just enable the "Download Signed ActiveX" controls. The rest you should
    leave alone regardless of what MS says. Pick Prompt, not enable.

    Mike0000, Sep 22, 2003

  3. alexandrew

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 22, 2003