    Thanks,
    --
    Curt.

    Curt, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Curt

    Len Mullen Guest

    If you go to the windows update site and it says you need an update, you
    need it.

    --
    Len Mullen
    Prodigy Special Contributor

    Unofficial PI_Support FAQ, Links to all things PI
    http://pages.prodigy.net/len_mullen/PI_Support/

    "Curt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not sure if I need this update or not, I'm running XP Home. From

    reading

    Len Mullen, Jul 27, 2003

  3. Curt

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Len Mullen wrote:

    > If you go to the windows update site and it says you need an update, you
    > need it.
    >
    > --
    > Len Mullen
    > Prodigy Special Contributor

    There is an old adage that has been mentioned many times --- if it ain't broke,
    don't fix it. I have yet to have one Microsoft software design engineer or any
    other developer who can unequivocally say that a specific patch is needed in
    order for any single one of my computers to function. There is already too
    much dumbing-down in computers and the user has surrendered too much
    by following suit by dumbly allowing an outside party load sight unseen (or
    unknown) a length of code.

    Know where Jet Pack is used? A server. You running a Windows NT, 2000
    or 2003 Server, Curt?

    Mistoffolees, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Curt

    xzavior Guest

    No you don't. The Jet Pack is for something that most people will never
    need.

    xzavior, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Curt

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Curt continued:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not sure if I need this update or not, I'm running XP Home. From
    > reading more about it at the WinUpdate site, it seems that XP Pro is
    > what it's intended for. Am I wrong here, and do need to install it?
    > Also, what does this Jet Pack4.0 do exactly?
    >
    > Thanks,

    It enables you to get from home to work in less than 10 minutes, and you get
    to feel just like James Bond.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  6. Curt

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:00:25 +0000, Len Mullen wrote:

    > If you go to the windows update site and it says you need an update, you
    > need it.

    Not entirely true.

    Meat Plow, Jul 27, 2003
  7. On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:00:25 GMT, "Len Mullen"
    <> proffered, in :

    > If you go to the windows update site and it says you need an
    > update, you need it.

    Not necessarily true _at all_. I am still running W2K SP2, and have
    successfully and safely ignored many of M$'s "updates" - WMP9 among
    them.

    --
    Though this be method, yet there is madness in 't

    Max Quordlepleen, Jul 27, 2003
  8. in sbcglobal.help.tech.other i read:

    >No you don't. The Jet Pack is for something that most people will never
    >need.

    you would be surprised at how much software makes use of msjet for their
    data storage needs.

    --
    a signature

    those who know me have no need of my name, Jul 28, 2003