    I do not have Windows Installer on my computer anywhere. Then, Windows
    Update won't allow me to update because Windows Installer is missing. I get
    an error number: 0XC8000643. Can anyone tell me what to do about this?

    Guest, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guru Guest

    Better way - don't upgrade :)

    Guru, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Microsoft KB doesn't have anything on this error but does suggest 0x80070643
    which has a number of updated related problems you could scan and see if any
    may relate. Google returns several of yours but nothing solved. ALL seem
    to relate to Server, so are your running x64 server. Might help someone
    else to better reply.

    John Barnes, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry missed the version in your heading. Did you install the installer?
    When you went to update, did you get your message right after it searched
    for the current version of Windows updating software?

    John Barnes, Sep 20, 2006