    of death" occasionally...

    3) any other advice on using "System File Checker"??

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Cory Lechner

    Kenny Guest

    Ignore any messages about "user.exe" and "setup.dll", this is a bug in Win98
    SFC. It's so long since I've done it not sure if it's maybe "user.dll" and
    "setup.exe".

    Kenny, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Cory Lechner

    Thor Guest

    Unless you are having trouble with something, then I wouldn't automatically
    do that. SFC can sometimes flag legit files as corrupt, merely because they
    are newer versions not identified properly. This has happened with IE
    updates many times.
    If you think it may be related to the error, then yes you can try it, but
    always opt to back up the file you are replacing, and note it's location.

    Thor, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Cory Lechner

    Trent© Guest

    Yes. Don't use it.