    J.Wilson Guest

    Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    I do not want to see it again! :(

    J.Wilson, Mar 28, 2008

  2. J.Wilson

    EMB Guest

    virus

    EMB, Mar 28, 2008

  3. J.Wilson

    E. Scrooge Guest

    I used to see when the PC was brand new. A faulty stick of RAM caused it to
    crash several times. If your PC crashed and then wouldn't start properly it
    would be worth checking the hardware.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 29, 2008
  4. J.Wilson

    Jerry Guest

    It could be anything, virus is possible but RAM, hard drive, power
    supply or motherboard could cause it. Download some diagnostics and
    test everything, especially RAM abd HDD

    Jerry, Mar 29, 2008
  5. J.Wilson

    impossible Guest

    Do you mean "\WINDOWS\**SYSTEM32**\CONFIG\SYSTEM" ?

    As in...

    "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or
    corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

    If so, then it's probably a registry corruption issue. Have a look here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545&Product=winxp

    The solution may be as simple as running System Restore. Otherwise you'll
    have to walk through the steps in the KB article.

    impossible, Mar 29, 2008
  6. Give up and reinstall.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 29, 2008
  7. J.Wilson

    J.Wilson Guest

    I did, after plugging the harddrive into a good machine and finding 300+
    viruses/trojans.

    J.Wilson, Mar 29, 2008