    the French or Spanish name for Windows Media Player instead of the
    English words.

    How do I fix this and why did it happen?

    pc person, Oct 27, 2004

  2. pc person

    Tim Taylor Guest

    Just as a first step, run a complete virus scan on your system plus
    uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player.

    Tim Taylor, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Looks like you/your mates have changed the default language for IE (and
    therefore also for the next-to-come windows updates). Under internet
    preferences, select "languages" and put the preferred one on top of the
    list. Then, uninstall all the funky updates that came since then, and
    revisit the windows update site.
    Once again, it's too easy to make a mess out of a 'puter, with windows ;-)

    Walter Mautner, Oct 27, 2004
  4. pc person

    pc person Guest

    This problem has not affected IE, it is just Windows Media Player and
    a few utility like commands. I should also have mentioned the Windows
    Media Player did not work and that I already tried to uninstall it and
    reinstall. When I did, it still came up with the name "Reporductor de
    Windows Media" instead of "Windows Media Player."

    I am the only one that uses two of the computers. The third one is one
    that I had just finished loading all the hardware and software for a
    rebuild. They all started off correctly and then it just changed, by
    itself.

    As for your suggestion, I checked IE and it has only US English as an
    option. There are no other ones so it is not a sequence problem.

    Other ideas?

    pc person, Oct 27, 2004
  5. pc person

    pc person Guest

    Virus scan was negative. I had already uninstalled and reinstalled WMP
    and it had no effect at all.

    Other ideas?

    pc person, Oct 27, 2004
  6. pc person

    John Holmes Guest

    Tim Taylor came up with this:
    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

    You are master in your own house -- the doghouse!

    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Apr 28, 2006