    running... i hope this work.

    help!!!

    montenegro

    Montenegro, May 7, 2005

  2. Montenegro

    Evan Platt Guest

    a message 'like'? What EXACTLY is the error? What is the operating
    system?
    Yes, you can. My Computer. Or control-alt-delete, then Shutdown from
    in there.
    Details...

    Evan Platt, May 7, 2005

  3. Montenegro

    Montenegro Guest

    sorry, here are the details:

    1-Windows 98 system
    2-I uninstalled yesterday the "hot bar" (the one with the emoticons). The
    problem started after that.
    3-I installed microsoft outlook. (the same day, but seems working fine)
    4-Generally speaking the laptop acts slower.
    5-Every single time I press the start button i get this message in a little
    window that has the windows logo and says in the side "explorer" :

    This program has performed an illegal operation and sill be shut down.
    If the problem persist contact the program vendor"

    Thanks

    Montenegro

    Montenegro, May 7, 2005
  4. restart the comp in safe mode and uninstall the "HOT BAR" its a pig of a
    program and filled with spyware...

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 7, 2005
  5. Montenegro

    dadiOH Guest

    You might try repairing Internet Explorer as it and Windows explorer are
    inter-related. You would normally do so from Control Panel but since
    you can't use the Start button, try this...

    1. Press Ctrl + F to start windows "Find"
    2. In the window where it asks for "Named", type...
    *.cpl
    3. If "C:" isn't selected in the "Look in" window, browse to and select
    it.
    4. When the results come up, select "APPWIZ.CPL" and run it
    5. Find and select Microsoft Internet Explorer in the list of programs
    6. Push the add/remove button
    7. In the new window that comes up, tick "Repair Internet Explorer" and
    push OK

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 7, 2005
  6. Montenegro

    Montenegro Guest

    thanks so much...

    I will try both ways today, and later I will update your.

    Monte

    Montenegro, May 7, 2005
  7. Montenegro

    Montenegro Guest

    Thanks so much for your help!

    Computers are complex animals, and people like you help us, the digitally
    ignorants, to keep the faith in them.

    Thanks again

    Montenegro

    Montenegro, May 8, 2005
  8. Montenegro

    dadiOH Guest

    I'm glad it is working again and thank you for reporting back.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 8, 2005