    What in the world could have happened and how can I fix it? I wondered
    about a virus but scanned through mcafee and housecall and found no virus.
    Thanks.

    Girl Jamie, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Girl Jamie

    Brian Guest

    try reapplying the latest service pack for your OE this has worked for many
    people

    Brian

    Brian, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Girl Jamie

    Brian Guest

    sorry meant OS... don't know whats wrong with me today

    Brian, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Girl Jamie

    Kyle Guest

    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/t1007662058

    you are not alone!

    :
    : : > I am running XP and when I turned on my pc last night I received a
    message
    : > saying 'Initialization of windows sockets failed'. I wasn't able to
    : receive
    : > my internet thru my cable modem even though the data light was flashing
    : > showing that the internet was coming in okay. I also lost my sound. I
    : > restored my system to an earlier date and I was able to go on the
    internet
    : > but my sound was still gone. Then when I turned my pc back on today I
    was
    : > back to square one. No internet until I restored to an earlier date
    : again.
    : > What in the world could have happened and how can I fix it? I wondered
    : > about a virus but scanned through mcafee and housecall and found no
    virus.
    : > Thanks.
    : >
    : >