    my broadband connection. Device Manager shows no problem. Internet Explorer
    just sits there with the houglass just blinking away. Would appreciate any
    advice.

    R3Jar, Sep 25, 2004

  2. R3Jar

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I suggest that you go to the System Event Viewer and find the error event
    and double-click it and find out what the error is because it's more to the
    message than what you have provided.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 25, 2004

  3. R3Jar

    Bradley26 Guest

    its an error caused by something thats not right

    probably you have the network connection settings wrong, go to Start
    Settings Network and dialup

    double click on your network connection

    click on properties, then post what you show in the components window

    if you have Internet Protocol, double click on that, and the advanced
    button.

    chances are one of those settings is bad, if you have a dsl or cable modem
    account, they should help you get those set properly for your connection

    Bradley26, Sep 28, 2004