    now the window is blank. How do I get the programs/information back?
    The only way I can access a CD is via my network from a Windows XP computer.

    Ron

    ron, Feb 15, 2004

  2. ron

    °Mike° Guest

    See if this is relevent to you:

    Add/Remove Programs Icon or Tabs Missing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=195064

    If not, then you will have to restore your registry to
    a previous good copy; asuming this problem has
    occured within the last five days. If this is the
    case, boot to DOS and type:

    scanreg /restore

    °Mike°, Feb 15, 2004

  3. ron

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try extracting fresh copies of the following files from your Windows 98
    CD to the Windows\Inf folder.

    layout.inf
    layout1.inf
    layout2.inf