Windows Server 2008 certifications

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Darrilgibson, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. Darrilgibson

    Darrilgibson Guest

    It's official. Microsoft has released Windows Server 2008 to
    manufacturing. Wooo Hooo!
    http://blogs.technet.com/windowsserver/archive/2008/02/04/windows-server-2008-rtm.aspx

    With the RTM version out, you might be interested in the new MCITP
    certifications.

    Unlike Windows Server 2003 which have MCSA and MCSE certifications,
    Windows Server 2008 has MCITP: Server Administrator (http://
    www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/windowsserver/2008/server/default.mspx).
    and MCITP: Server Engineer (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/
    mcitp/windowsserver/2008/enterprise/default.mspx).

    You can find details of what's required to earn these new MCITP
    Certifications here: http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/2008/02/windows-server-2008-certifications.html

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    http://mcitpsuccess.com
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    Darrilgibson, Feb 6, 2008

  2. Darrilgibson

    Dude Guest

    The MCSA 2003 to Server 2008 and MCSE to Server 2008 upgrade exams are out
    now. I passed the 70-649 exam by studying a Microsoft Press book, using the
    Server 2008 RC1 free download and the Technet Website. This upgrade exam was
    much easier than the 70-292 MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003 upgrade exam that I failed
    twice. This exam alone won't get you the MCITP certification though. You'll
    either need to take 70-647 for the MCITP Server Administrator certification
    or take Vista 70-620 and 70-649 for the MCITP Enterprise Administrator
    certification. Since the MCSA and MCSE certifications are going away, the
    MCITP Server Administrator and Enterprise Administrator certifications look
    like the next best equivalent. This is the New Generation of Microsoft
    certifications.

    Dude, Mar 9, 2008