Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 localised into spanish

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As far as I know, x64 versions of Windows Server are not localised into any
    language but english. We need to install the english version and then install
    the right Multilingual User Interface Pack on top of the english
    installation. Is this also correct for R2?

    I saw some days ago (in http://licensing.microsoft.com , products download
    area, selecting the product Windows Server Standard) that the Spanish
    localised version of R2 was already available, but only 32bits version!
    However, in our case (we have just bought a dual Xeon server) we would like
    to install R2 x64 but localised into spanish.

    What would be the downloads that we need to do and the steps to follow in
    order to achieve this?

    Note: We have VLKs (among others) for:

    Win Server 2003 R2 x32 Ed.
    Win Server 2003 R2 x64 Ed. <-- We'd like to use this one
    Windows Server 2003
    Windows Server 2003, x64 Ed.

    To start with, I supposed that we would need the following download:
    * Windows Svr Std 2003 R2 32-bit/x64 English Disk Kit MVL MVLS Only ISO CD
    and then install this one:
    * Windows Svr Std 2003 w/SP1 32-bit/x64 English/MultiLang Disk Kit MVL CD

    However, since the latter download is not explicitly for R2, all the new
    management functions, programs, help files, etc, included in R2 were not
    translated into spanish, and remained in the original english.

    Is there any (or there will be any) MUI for R2 x64? By now, a have a server
    with a mixture of english/spanish. The basic behaviour of Win2003 Std w/SP1
    is localised, but the new things included with R2 are in inglish.

    Might I need to install the MUI ##before## the second CD of R2? Honestly, I
    don't think that would make any difference.

    Regards and thanks in advance.

    Guest, Mar 14, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Your URL for downloading CD2 of MUI Pack is part of what I called 'Windows
    Svr Std 2003 w/SP1 32-bit/x64 English/MultiLang Disk Kit MVL CD'. I had
    already downloaded it and applied to Win 2003 Std x64 R2 (after having
    installed CD2 of R2).

    As I said, the problem is that the aditional functionalities added with R2
    are not translated and I have an OS where the core (Win2003) is translated
    and the R2 add-ons are in english.

    Is there any expected MUI pack for R2 x64 or should I install something
    else? Besides of the lack of x64 drivers for many devices (which seems to be
    the subject that people complain the most), this weird way of having a
    localised versions seems a bit buggy (..faulty..not elegant...whatever) to
    me. Why didn't Microsoft release localised versions of their x64 products the
    same way they did for their 32bits versions?

    Regards.

    Guest, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 15, 2006