    to have a cal for anyone who will access the server from a workstation. Or
    if its only for people directly accessing the server. Any information would
    be greatly appreciated.

    jester0770, Apr 25, 2008

  2. jester0770

    kemp Guest

    Hello jester0770,

    > I am a student researching for a school project. I was wondering if
    > you have to have a cal for anyone who will access the server from a
    > workstation. Or if its only for people directly accessing the server.

    Yes, a CAL must be purchased for each workstation that accesses the server.

    kemp, Apr 25, 2008

  3. "kemp" <> wrote in message

    >> I am a student researching for a school project. I was wondering if
    >> you have to have a cal for anyone who will access the server from a
    >> workstation. Or if its only for people directly accessing the server.
    >> Any information would be greatly appreciated.

    > Yes, a CAL must be purchased for each workstation that accesses the
    > server.

    or.... each =user= ... financially speaking, whichever number is lower is
    the correct answer.

    e.g. if you have five machines, and two people, you only need two per-user
    CALs.

    Likewise if you have three people and one computer, you only need one
    per-device CAL.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 6, 2008