    Does anyone know how to stop this?

    Many Thanks.

    Ben.

    Ben, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Ben

    Adam Gross Guest

    Are you running any anti-virus software? Also, what program is it that
    you're trying to install? If you're running anti-virus software and the
    software installation attempts to make certain modifications to your system
    such as registry changes, modifying your boot record, etc, your anti-virus
    software may attempt to stop it. Depending on its success, it may bring
    your system down at the same time. You may want to disable programs such as
    anti-virus software or programs like Ad-Aware and then try the install
    again. More information would be helpful.

    -Adam

    Adam Gross, Sep 16, 2003

  3. This might help narrow down the problem (or at least give you a BSOD with
    info on what jumped off the clip instead of restarting).

    Control Panel => System => Advance (Tab)

    Startup and Recovery - Settings Button
    (Uncheck) Automatically Restart (Under the system failure section)

    This should get a BSOD next time instead of a restart.

    Jason Stillion, Sep 16, 2003