    message that says that it can't open the pictures, any picture.

    How do I set Windows Picture & Fax Viewer as the default program to open
    pictures?

    Denise, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Denise

    Carlos Guest

    Denise,
    First of all it is quite strange that Nero Photo Snap cannot open any
    pictures.
    Can those pictures, lets say an JPG file, be opened by Microsoft Paint
    (pbrush.exe)?
    If you want to set another program for opening pictures, Shift Right-Click
    on the filename in Windows Explorer, choose "Open with", "Choose Program" and
    point to the program you want to open that image format permanently.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 11, 2008

  3. Denise

    Denise Guest

    The files range from png to bmp with jpg, jpeg, etc, all inclusive. The
    message reads "File C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My
    Pictures\(any picture name and any format) cannot be opened."

    Thanks for the instructions to make Windows the default picture program.

    Denise, Apr 11, 2008
  4. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I agree that it is quite strange that Nero Photo Snap can't open pictures. A
    installation defect/incompatibility with x64 might be safe assumptions.

    When I searched through Windows Explorer for Windows Video & Fax Viewer to
    make it the default player, I couldn't find the program. I then did a search
    for the program but the results came up empty, the same with searches for
    "Windows Media" and "Fax Viewer" so I couldn't make it the default player
    using that method.

    However, I found an easy way to make Windows Media & Fax Viewer the default
    program for viewing pictures. I've done it with audio and video files for
    many years but I didn't think to apply it to pictures also. I right clicked
    on a picture and chose Properties. When Properties opened, I changed the
    default program by choosing Windows Media & Fax Viewer from the drop-down
    list. The change took affect for all the pictures in my pc.

    Denise, Apr 12, 2008
  5. Denise

    midhung.dac Guest

    thank you very muc