Windows Movie Maker Help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paris, Jan 22, 2009.

  1. paris

    paris Guest

    Greetings ....

    I am new to Windows Movie Maker. I just started using it 2 days
    ago - and already I made my 1st slideshow movie. I'm really
    proud of it too. It really wasn't that hard. Just took a while
    getting use to all the tools. Well anyway here is the link to my
    movie -

    It might make you cry. I hope you like it. Maybe you can give
    me some tips.

    But here is a BIG Question of mine.

    Suppose on one of my image clips for the slide show - as the music
    is playing in the <BG> what if I wanted a sound effect to sound off,
    like
    a siren or something ... how can I do that in Windows Movie Maker?

    If it's possible to do this - can someone walk me through the process?

    I tried tile overlay - and stuff - but I just don't know how!

    Thanks so much!

    I hope you enjoy my video!

    Thanks!

    Paris

    paris, Jan 22, 2009

  2. You have sound on there now, all you have to do is import the sound effect
    you want and place it where you want it in the storyboard. Once placed you
    will see the sound file below the storyboard and you can adjust it from
    there. Yes you can have more then 1 sound at a time.

    The Real Truth MVP, Jan 22, 2009

  3. paris

    richard Guest

    If you really want to do things right that way, you'll need something
    a lot better.
    www.deskshare.com
    Check out video edit magic. This puppy has 9 tracks. In which you can
    add picture in picture with fades and swipes, or if you just want to
    add in a little special effect, like that siren.

    They also have means to do it in flash if you want.

    A sample of what I have done with it.
    http://odology.1littleworld.com/griffith.html

    richard, Jan 22, 2009
  4. paris

    sandy58 Guest

    Paris, ping Ken Maltby on "alt.video.dvd.authoring" & he'll set you
    right. Good luck :)

    sandy58, Jan 22, 2009