    exchange files and access my WinXP shares from WM5.0 via the LAN?

    Does WM5.0 even have "network file sharing" ?

    TIA082006

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y, Aug 21, 2006

  2. After much digging around, I've solved my own problem:

    Yes you can connect WM5.0 to a WinXP machine:

    Go to file manager, hit Menu, hit Open Path and type in the name of the
    network resource ie //computer1

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y, Aug 21, 2006

  3. ps - this thing is soooo cool ...

    Two thumbs up for the UTSTARCOM 6700 POCKET PC !

    This thing destroys the competition. It puts the Motorola Q to shame.

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y, Aug 21, 2006
  4. s-y-n-e-r-g-y

    Scooby Guest

    How's the battery life? WM5 is not known for exceptional battery life and
    I've heard that is pretty true with the Q. I just haven't heard anything
    back on the UTSTARCOM.

    Also, try Resco file explorer. You can download a trial from Handango or
    Pocketgear. I've got a registered version and love it. Great file explorer
    and does a good job with network shares. Also, it comes with a registry
    editor.

    Jim

    Scooby, Aug 22, 2006
  5. Its still pretty early, but so far it is much better then I expected, I
    had heard similar things... but I played around with it for over 4
    hours last night without a problem, heavy usage, watching movies,
    browsing the web, using the WiFi, etc.

    s-y-n-e-r-g-y, Aug 22, 2006