    Real player and VLC will play the DVDS
    but I want to use Windows Media Player
    so that I can use the windows media centre remote.

    Paul Wadham, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Paul Wadham

    CoMa Guest

    You have to install a codec that can decode DVD files

    Give "K-Lite Codec Pack" or "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack" a try
    http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/

    CoMa, Apr 18, 2007

  3. Uhm. Well, vlc and real do play them, so the codecs probably are
    already "onbard".

    Walter Mautner, Apr 18, 2007
  4. Paul Wadham

    CoMa Guest

    VLC has it's codecs already built-in,
    they are located in VLC's plugin directory.
    So VLC don't use windows installed codecs.

    CoMa, Apr 18, 2007
  5. Try VLC

    Father Ted Crilly, Apr 18, 2007