    without any issues, so I'm wondering if there is something special
    about Planet Earth's discs? Or, do I need to upgrade some software
    on my PC?

    Phisherman, Jan 21, 2008

  2. Phisherman

    PapaBear Guest

    Try something different. I dumped Windows Media Player a long time ago, and
    now use the free PowerDVD 5 from Cyberlink. It came on the install disc when
    I bought a LG burner last year. I've also tried their 6 version, but 5 works
    a lot better for me on XP Home SP2 with 2GHz processor, 1G RAM. I suspect 6
    requires a bigger faster machine(?). I get excellent smooth playbacks with 5
    even while multitasking other software to the max.

    PapaBear, Jan 21, 2008

  3. Phisherman

    Phisherman Guest

    Thanks. I found that Intervideo Home Theater plays the original disc.
    I tried copying an original disc and the copy is playable on Windows
    Media Player! I use Windows Media Player most of the time, but now I
    don't totally trust it.

    Phisherman, Jan 22, 2008
  4. Phisherman

    PapaBear Guest

    Another one I see recommended, but haven't tried, VLC Media Player:
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    It's free Linux stuff, and I'm not a fan of Linux stuff for windows. Also
    some of the links on their website hang my browser. Nevertheless...it might
    be a possibility.

    PapaBear, Jan 23, 2008