    that's not happening anymore, I may just switch completely to Winamp -
    unless they're allowing digital rights tracking as well.

    I would appreciate any suggestions....thanks in advance!

    Marvin Milquetoast, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Marvin Milquetoast

    Harrison Guest

    Tools - Options - Privacy

    Harrison, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Marvin Milquetoast

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Marvin Milquetoast said:
    1. Deny access via your firewall.
    2. Remove WMP.
    3. Install IrfanView

    Brian H¹©, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Marvin Milquetoast

    trout Guest

    Yes, dump WMP, by all means. That thing sniffs a connection, and
    it's as yappy as a gossipy neighbour.
    Winamp is just fine, but I'd recommend an older version. I use a
    pared-down 2.91, and it works great. Look around here:
    http://www.winampheaven.net/newlook/oldversions2.htm
    for one that suits you.
    Like any program of that type, though, you just have to watch it
    like a hawk during installation, and then get in and climb around in the
    Options.
    You can make sure that Winamp Agent is not enabled, and that it
    doesn't go grabbing file types that you don't want it to use.
    I'd also have a firewall configuration that required any media
    program to ask permission to go out.

    trout, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Marvin Milquetoast

    Kenny Guest

    If you're using XP and value your privacy use XP AntiSpy, it will stop WMP
    phoning home and much more..
    http://www.xp-antispy.org/

    Kenny, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Marvin Milquetoast