    computer monitors and screensavers will not work when WMP is playing -
    even minimized.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Aug 14, 2006

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Robert Baer Guest

    For music, use a new-fangled invention called a radio (AM or FM).
    Screensavers from the wrong source cah do more damage than you can
    possibly imagine; what is that "must" crap?

    Robert Baer, Aug 15, 2006

  3. ChrisCoaster

    Tee Jay Guest

    Try another player. www.winamp.com
    Tee Jay

    Tee Jay, Aug 15, 2006
  4. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    Our reprographics center outsource company has appearance standards
    including signage and what is displayed on computer screens. Hence the
    "must" have screensaver.

    To Tee Jay:

    The client company forbids downloads of any non-work-related software.

    To all:

    The "radio" will not work around multiple copiers, fluorescent lights,
    and 3 computers. The interference is so strong that it wouldn't pick
    up a station a block away.

    Incidentally, I found the solution myself: Windows Media Players 9 and
    up have a checkbox allowing or disallowing screensaver to run. So I
    checked the box "Allow Screensaver", since I'm not watching movies with
    WMP.

    Thanks to all,

    ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Aug 16, 2006