    blu_vg Guest

    Does anyone have any benchmarks on this vs. the 32-bit edition? I've
    been waiting for this for quite some time. :)

    blu_vg, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Barb Bowman

    Mirko Guest

    Microsoft mentions on this site
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/versions.aspx
    that the x64 version is "not yet fully optimized" for "Encoding high-quality
    SD content". (SD = standard definition)

    I just did two tests which actually confirm this.

    Converting a regular DV AVI file (from my video camera) to WMV was ca. 10%
    slower with the x64 encoder in Windows XP x64 Edition compared to the 32-bit
    encoder running in Windows XP.

    Converting a high bitrate WMV file (720x576 resolution) to a lower bitrate
    WMV file was ca. 15% slower using the 64-bit encoder.

    Mirko, Nov 19, 2005