    opens.......the area on the left of the screen where you would normally
    choose folder and files.....is grey. How can I correct this.

    Thanks

    Guardian Angel, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Guardian Angel

    °Mike° Guest

    Just create a shortcut with the following target box:

    %windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2004

  3. All that does is to open it in a seperate window.....I don't want that. I am
    looking to put it back in the grey area........I have no idea why it went
    grey.

    Guardian Angel, Oct 14, 2004
  4. Guardian Angel

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't understand you.

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Just as the original post said.....and the second post...

    I run Windows ME. I right click the start button, then choose from the
    pop-up window the "explore" option....then when the explorer option

    Guardian Angel, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Guardian Angel

    samuel Guest

    I don't understand either but you seem to want to view the files on
    your hard drive no yes

    on your keyboard (maybe some where below the z key)
    do you have the Windows LOGO key ?

    wot happens when you would hold that down and the
    e key ?

    what are you wanting to do or looking for ? when did it break ? or go
    grey ? open what in a seperate window ?

    have you added or deleted programs lately ?

    virus scan ?

    samuel, Oct 15, 2004
  7. Guardian Angel

    Liz Guest

    A registry key in Internet Explorer controls the All Folders pane
    in Windows Explorer, it's possible your Internet Explorer has
    somehow become corrupted. Open Control Panel, Add/Remove programs,
    scroll down the list to Internet Explorer, click the Remove button,
    select Repair Internet Explorer and click OK. Reboot your computer,
    hopefully, this will cure your problem.

    "All Folders" pane missing or Windows Explorer is blank
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192315

    Liz, Oct 15, 2004
  8. Thanks Liz......that was the answer I was looking for.

    Guardian Angel, Oct 15, 2004
  9. Guardian Angel

    Liz Guest

    My pleasure. This is what I did to fix mine. :)

    Liz, Oct 15, 2004