Windows keep getting resized/maximized

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sinjon, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. sinjon

    sinjon Guest

    I seem to keep running into this small problem that frustrates me.

    When I open Windows Explorers or Internet Explorer I like the window
    to be centered and take up about 60% of the screen size. Somehow the
    default window size keeps changing to be just a couple pixels short of
    full screen, so it looks like the window is maximized while it really
    isn't.

    If I resize all the windows individually and then close them and
    reboot, they'll work as I like for a while. Eventually though any
    new windws I open will start becoming almost maximized again.

    This issue isn't limited to just IE/Explorer, I've noticed other apps
    following the same pattern.

    At first I suspected some spyware or rogue app being a culprit. I've
    done a couple scans and it doesn't seem as though that's it.

    Anyone have ideas?

    sinjon, Apr 7, 2004

  2. sinjon

    Gee Guest

    Windows remembers the last view the application window was in, so if you
    close application in maximized window , it will open maximised, if you have
    shrunk the window to say 60 % then close application like that, next time it
    wil open at 60% as well. Doesn;t seem to work if closed as minimised, it
    will still open up as a window.

    Gee

    Gee, Apr 8, 2004

  3. sinjon

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Lots of ideas...and this topic has been covered twice or more in the last
    week...°Mike° has posted the best solution, so search away and good luck!

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 8, 2004
  4. sinjon

    Andy Guest

    I do not agree.
    Resize your window to desired dimensions and than press a control button
    Ctrl and close your window at the same time. Next time will open on desired
    size. You can also use a JavaScript to do that , tell me if you want so I
    will post it.

    Andy, Apr 9, 2004
  5.
    corinne reiter, Apr 9, 2004
  6. sinjon

    Andy Guest

    Vous ne compren pa désolé ? Malheureusement je ne peux pas vous aider.

    Andy, Apr 10, 2004