Windows hit by "extremely critical" 0-day vulnerability

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Au79

    elaich Guest

    And, even though they never said it, we all know that you have to be using
    Internet Explorer to be affected.

    elaich, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    If you follow the link in this article you get this:

    On the XMLHTTP vulnerability: So far, we have only one confirmed sighting of this exploit, and it’s on an
    obscure website. If you ask me, this is a pretty crappy exploit (in that it doesn’t work all that well). We
    downloaded the page and according to Virustotal, only McAfee detected it.

    --+

    I guess the sky isn't falling (at least not yet).

    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 7, 2006