    date of an update from Windows.

    Any ideas?

    MTIA.

    Sam Taylor, Mar 26, 2009

  2. Sam Taylor

    Buffalo Guest

    What operating system are you using? XP (and which service pack), Vista
    Home, etc
    Perhaps you should try a system Restore to a date before the problem
    happened.

    Buffalo, Mar 26, 2009

  3. Sam Taylor

    why? Guest

    Not Another One! (that sort of patch)
    Wait for a day or 2 after patches are announced, use www.google.com and
    look for the MS / KB number to find if other have problems before
    installing patches.

    Do the google bit now, to see if others do have an issue / found a fix
    already.
    That would be safe mode, minimum, networking, no networking.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
    How to force safe mode.

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial61.html

    Check for info on the patch release.
    http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx
    Security Bulletin Webcast Questions and Answers - March 2009
    Me

    why?, Mar 26, 2009
  4. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    You IDIOT.

    If he didn't have access to a second machine - he wouldn't be asking
    his question here now would he?

    Think about it for a second. You may need to think hard, but you can
    do it.

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  5. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Gee, isn't that what more or less Buffalo said?

    I swear, you ARE chucktard. Calling other people's suggestions stupid,
    then giving the people the same suggestion you just called someone
    else stupid for giving.

    Seriously, you and chucktard should hook up.

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  6. Sam Taylor

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    There are plenty of ways of doing a system restore without being able to
    log into the faulty system. Duh!

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2009
  7. Sam Taylor

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Gosh, I wonder how he is posting here? Mind control? Wind-up gramophone?
    Another machine?

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2009
  8. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yeah, every day I get more and more convinced RtS and chucktard are
    the same person.

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  9. Sam Taylor

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Maybe they are twins? Separated at birth and united by the power of
    usenet.........

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2009
  10. Umm, any one of those would be a "second machine," wouldn't it?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 26, 2009
  11. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes, my company provides service at a number of them.
    Yes.

    What is your point, St00pid?

    Let me sum it up for you:

    OP Asked a question.

    Why? responded with a few links.

    You responded to Why? that the OP may not have a second computer.

    The OP posted using Thunderbird from a BT Openworld Internet account.
    So OBVIOUSLY the OP has access to another machine. Likely not a
    library. So why do you think it's unreasonable that the OP would have
    access to a web browser? The OP obviously has access to a Mail /
    Usenet client.

    Care to backpedal your way out of this one, chucktard... err sorry,
    St00pid?

    You seriously need to think about what you say before you say it. You
    make yourself look st00pider and st00pider every day.

    PS: Still haven't told me how over 300 people can share the same IP,
    but of course, not expecting an answer from you on that.

    I believe they were thinking of you when they said
    "Tis better to be thought the fool and remain silent, than speak and
    remove all doubt."

    [and there is the following] "It is better to be thought a fool than
    to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  12. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Gee, I don't know, would it, Mr. smarty pants IT know it all? <grin>

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  13. Sam Taylor

    Evan Platt Guest

    They were separated at birth, but unfortunately (for them) they also
    only shared 1 brain, each of them only got half.

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2009
  14. Download my new userinit fix from here http://www.ms-mvp.org/ this file
    works for SP2 and SP3 only. READ the enclosed instructions. If you have SP1
    do not use this file. If you need any other version then email me using the
    link at the bottom of my webpage. Your issue is caused by a malware
    infestation. Once fixed you will need to use my Remove-it software, it will
    remove that malware from your system. Choose yes for all options when
    prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

    your time.
    David H Lipman, Malke, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Mar 26, 2009
  15. Sam Taylor

    Buffalo Guest

    Richard, you've got to be kidding.

    Buffalo, Mar 26, 2009
  16. Dude...its an OMEN...time to upgrade to linux.

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 26, 2009
  17. Sam Taylor

    Buffalo Guest

    Actually, it is mot likely caused by a hi-jack of the "userinit.exe" file.
    Malware causes this problem.
    If you Google for Userinit,exe, you should find a solution.
    Buffalo
    PS: The latest SuperAntiSpyware (Pro version, at least) now handles that
    problem.

    "Every day for the last three days I've been brought a computer that would
    not allow anyone to log on (even in Safe Mode). It would log them on and
    then right back off. All three were XP SP2. I googled and finally found a
    solution for the first one which subsequently worked for the other two as
    well.
    I reburned a Windows installion CD with the userinit.exe file (from one of
    my computers) added. Then booted into the recovery console.

    1. Ran chkdsk /p which always finds one or more errors.
    2. Ran fixboot.
    3. Copied userinit.exe to the windows\systen32 folder
    4. Rebooted in Safe Mode which now would allow logon.
    5. Ran MalwareBytes which found all kinds of Trojans.
    Not sure which one, if any, was the culprit.

    Two of the computers had "caught" WinPC Defender. I'm not sure if that
    would be related or not.

    Whatever it is, it must be pretty new because I've never seen that behavior
    before three days ago and wound up with three in a row."

    The quote above is from a post by Lil' Abner in the alt.privacy.spyware
    newsgroup dated Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:36 AM

    Buffalo, Mar 26, 2009
  18. Sam Taylor

    floffy Guest

    Stop to fu ck arround and reinstall it !

    floffy, Mar 27, 2009
  19. Sam Taylor

    Sam Taylor Guest

    XP Pro. Fully up to date.

    I should have said that it even fails to boot in safe mode. Already
    copied userinit.exe to the windows\systen32 folder without success.

    Sam Taylor, Mar 27, 2009
  20. Sam Taylor

    why? Guest

    Only those that have just posted a msg asking a question, people with
    friends, PC at a library, school.
    Sounds like you don't need any, you have already started on them.

    ME

    why?, Mar 27, 2009