    Then we have to pay you that much or more to get it installed correctly?
    Sounds like a deal to me. Money in your pocket instead of MSFT and the
    dealer.

    John Barnes, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Exactly. If you only have an Upgrade sku, how would that work other than by
    Vista Upgrade edition running a verification check?

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 23, 2006

  3. You cannot use the XP FAST wizard with Vista. You use the Vista Windows
    East Transfer wizard in XP. Then you wipe the drive, install Vista, and use
    the WET wizard in Vista to finish transferring your files and settings. It
    works.

    The problem you refer to was that the XP x86 and XP x64 FAST wizards did not
    produce compatible files. That got fixed in an update to XP x86. There
    never was such an issue with Vista. Although the Vista x64 Setup cannot be
    run from an XP x86 desktop, the Vista x64 WET wizard can. You should take
    this question over to the microsoft.public.windows.vista.general ng if you
    need further clarification. They know about 64bits there too and there are
    a lot more of them.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006