Windows DEP program blocking stuff.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Feb 21, 2014.

  1. <shudder> ... now that *was* nasty ! :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 3, 2014

  2. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Heck, I thought it (98 SE that is) was freakin' awesome after the morass
    that was Win 95 when I upgraded.
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Mar 3, 2014

  3. .. and you are right to remember it that way ! Luckily, I was off windows by
    then at home (95 was one of the reasons :) ) ... and we (mostly) skipped 95 at
    work. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 4, 2014
  4. geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Newsgroups are not included in Windows 7. You're posting using Windows
    Live Mail - which is part of the Windows (Live) Essentials free download
    suite. (Your computer man had obviously installed it and set it up). I
    don't recommend it as a usenet client, nor do I particularly like much
    about the mail client either. Have a look at Microplanet Gravity - a
    fully featured usenet client.

    Dave Doe, Mar 14, 2014
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" wrote in message

    Newsgroups are not included in Windows 7. You're posting using Windows
    Live Mail - which is part of the Windows (Live) Essentials free download
    suite. (Your computer man had obviously installed it and set it up). I
    don't recommend it as a usenet client, nor do I particularly like much
    about the mail client either. Have a look at Microplanet Gravity - a
    fully featured usenet client.
    I'll ask the computer man about that. Thank you.

    geopelia, Mar 14, 2014