    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/sec...afab&mid=a5498a73-8a15-4ff9-9a03-1e11eb229528

    Please reply only if you are having a similar experience.

    Colin Barnhorst (MVP Virtual Machine)

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    Jane C Guest

    Colin, same happening in x64 Vista. I have updates set to notify me so I
    can elect whether to install or not. After this one installed for the
    second time, I right-clicked it and selected 'hide'. No more being pestered
    now.

    Jane C, Dec 1, 2006

  3. What build of Vista x64?

    Sure, I can hide the nag, but I would rather help Bill Sanderson trace the
    problem. There are several more reports from x64 users. Bill suspects that
    we should even be seeing this update (probably for x86).

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Colin Barnhorst

    Kue2 Guest

    On my machine it updated twice then quit.

    Kue2, Dec 1, 2006
  5. Colin Barnhorst

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Colin:
    With x64 WD update 1.1.4.1922.8 is listed as successfully installed 4
    times and is still listed as a needed update. With x64sp2 the same results
    after 3 successful installations. With Vista x64 RC2 (5744) the same results
    after 5 installations.

    Dennis Pack, Dec 1, 2006
  6. Colin Barnhorst

    Jane C Guest

    And if you open Defender, About, it will say 1.14.1922.7 as being the
    definition version installed, even though updates are allegedly successful
    for 1.14.1922.8

    Seems to be affecting all x64 variants.

    Jane C, Dec 1, 2006
  7. Yes. Perhaps Bill has identified the problem. Permissions. I bet
    everybody seeing this uses Download and Notify rather than Download and
    Install. If it is permissions, his latest reply on the other group is the
    fix. If so, it might work to simply switch to Download and Install, leave
    it a day, and then revert to Download and Notify. Download and Install
    surely usess the Administrator Permissions by default.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006
  8. Colin Barnhorst

    Kue2 Guest

    In Vista RC2 5744 I found it has installed 6 times all successful,but the
    program remains not updated. My updates are set to install at 9 pm daily.

    Kue2, Dec 1, 2006
  9. Colin Barnhorst

    Jane C Guest

    I'm running with an Administrator account and UAC off at the moment.

    Jane C, Dec 1, 2006
  10. So much for my theory. Are you using x64?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006
  11. Did you try Bill's suggestion on the manual install?

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006
  12. Colin Barnhorst

    Kue2 Guest

    Yes 64

    Kue2, Dec 2, 2006
  13. It appears that the resolution is to download the update to your desktop and
    then run it with Run As Administrator. The link for the download is in your
    Update History.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 2, 2006
  14. Colin Barnhorst

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Colin:
    The manual installation worked on x64, x64sp2 and Vista x64 RC2 (5744).
    The file version is 1.1.4.1922.8 and automatic update is no longer trying to
    download and install it.

    Dennis Pack, Dec 2, 2006
  15. Thanks, I'll report that back.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 2, 2006
  16. Colin Barnhorst

    Guest Guest

    I have version 1.1.4.1923.4 in x64 Vista Ultimate and XP x64.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    Guest, Dec 2, 2006
  17. For shame. <g>

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 2, 2006
  18. Colin Barnhorst

    Don Awalt Guest

    Me too (1923.4)

    Don Awalt, Dec 4, 2006
  19. Yes it came a day after 1922.8. Probably in response the the issues we were
    reporting.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 4, 2006