    I am having browser issues and also netlogon errors.

    I suspect I need to do something on the switch but I am not sure what.
    It is s a cisco 2548g switch.

    punisher, Nov 17, 2005

  2. punisher

    Harkin Guest

    Is this a new problem or an ongoing one? As long as you don't have that
    traffic filtered via ACL then you shouldn't have to do anything. Can you
    post the config of the two VLANs?

    Harkin, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Assuming both DC's are for the same domain -
    1. Verify that the DHCP server is giving out the IP address of BOTH the
    DC's for DNS servers. (All to often I see DHCP servers handing out DNS
    servers that are outside of the network)
    2. If your client machines are pre-Win2K (i.e. Win 95, 98 or NT) install
    the WINS service on both DC's. Also in that case, make sure the DHCP
    server is handing out the IP address of BOTH DC's as WINS servers
    3. Check the event logs on both DC's and make sure that replication is
    running properly on both the SAM and the DNS between the two servers. If
    not, fix that first.
    4. As the DC's are on separate VLANS, are you routing all protocols
    between the two VLANS or are you doing some packet filtering with the
    router. If you are doing filtering with the router, refer to item 3 above.

    (If the DC's are for different domains the list gets longer)

    Charles Deling, Nov 17, 2005