    Explorer has suddenly slowed down to a crawl. It works ok on reboot but
    can then take 15 seconds to open a folder. Any thoughts?

    Peter

    Peter, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Try clearing your temporary internet files.

    Gale Lynn Veres, Jan 14, 2004

  3. You could also try cleaning out your temp folder.

    Mr.SlippyFist, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Peter

    Stealth Guest

    You might try to disable Find fast if its running.

    Stealth, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Peter

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Peter

    zulu Guest

    It may be that you have too many files/folders in your My Documents directory. I believe W98SE
    has a limit of 200 streamed MRUs available to Explorer, then it starts spinning its wheels.

    I had a similar problem a while back, and on the same advice, moved a bunch of stuff (basically
    all of it) from MyDocs to a user created directory. It worked out well.

    ~ HTH

    zulu, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thanks, everyone. I knew about everything except the My Documents issue. I
    will play with it and see what happens.

    Peter, Jan 16, 2004