    8GB DDR2 800MHz
    Eizo 30" 2560x1600
    XP x64 SP2 - Vista x64 SP2 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in tripleboot

    Maratonmannen, Aug 6, 2009

  2. Maratonmannen

    Tom Lake Guest

    I used it to do an upgrade of Vista Ultimate 64 and
    everything came over smoothly and updated properly.
    I didn't have to reinstall anything! That's the smoothest
    update I've had since going from MS-DOS 4.01 to 6.22.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Aug 7, 2009

  3. Maratonmannen

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Maratonmannen.

    Yep! I downloaded it, burned a DVD (couple of false starts - my fault),
    clean installed it (about 30 minutes), and had the desktop up and running by
    5 PM CDT. Lots of tweakin' goin' on since then, but already got some use
    out of it- including Quicken and these newsgroups. Windows Live Essentials
    (including Windows Live Mail) is one of the first (optional) Updates
    offered.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64

    R. C. White, Aug 7, 2009
  4. Yup, did a clean install and ran WET to get up and running. 95% done now,
    just downloading and installing updates for Office.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 7, 2009
  5. After burning to a DVD, I drag and dropped the files to a DiskPart prepared
    USB key.
    The fastest install I ever done. 10 minutes from booting the USB key, til
    the desktop appeared.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd535816.aspx

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro