    Windows 7 does not remember that it was a Home network. When traveling, it
    is a major production connecting to airport/hotel networks. With Vista,
    switching could be done in a few seconds. Any ideas?

    CharlieRJ, Apr 22, 2010

  2. Hi
    Win 7 can be configured to.
    1. Home Network = Works only between Win 7 computers. This type of
    configuration makes it very easy to Entry Level Users to start Network
    sharing.
    2. Work Network = Basically similar to the previous methods of sharing that
    let you control what, how, and to whom folders would be shared with.
    3. Public Sharing = Public Network (like Internet cafe) to reduce security
    risks.
    Make sure that the laptop is configured for public networks when traveling.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 26, 2010

  3. CharlieRJ

    Dhu Pin Yoo Guest

    Dhu Pin Yoo, May 4, 2010
  4. CharlieRJ

    jshamraj Guest

    jshamraj, May 23, 2010
  5. CharlieRJ

    jshamraj Guest

    THanks, how do I go about "making sure" that the computer is configured
    for one of these three options. I can see how each individual network can be
    put into a "home/work/public" category, but haven't found a way to put the
    computer into one of these modes.

    Thanks, JS

    jshamraj, May 23, 2010