Windows 7 My Documents problem

Discussion in 'Windows Networking' started by Frank H, Apr 27, 2010.

  1. Frank H

    Frank H Guest

    Hi, I posted this in the general section a few days ago without luck, hope
    it's OK to repost it here.

    I have server 2003 with xp clients, running ok for 5 yrs. My documents
    folder for each user is set to U:\ which is their home drive (typically
    \\Server\UserName)

    I have a new laptop with Win7, installed it & updated to latest patches as
    local admin.

    Made member of domain & logged in as one of my users. Wished to change the
    my documents folder in same way. Found it in its new location
    (C:\users\username\my documents) & went to the location tab. It shows as
    \\Server\UserName\Vista !
    It will not let me change it.

    Can anybody explain what I am missing ?

    TIA