    Then again, the data is on an old reliable NW 4.2 server, so Vista is
    not likely to be what I deploy for now (the new Novell Client for Vista
    will NOT support NW 4.x).

    BSchnur, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You can SO use IE7, you just need to not be a chump and look for the 64bit
    version. :)

    Guest, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Disgusted, I agree with you 110%.
    As a matter of fact, the previous posters replying with the "read the fine
    prinit before buying" bs, probably work for microsoft. I brought this piece
    of crap OS to run on a Quad Opteron. This crap is worst then having DOS. I
    then brought Vista the crappy OS-X look alike. That piece of crap OS doesn't
    see 75% of the features of my $250 All In Wonder. Won't install or support my
    version of Cakewalk, and a number of other major apps.
    I'm totally disgusted with the poor and near useless quality of these
    products. No corporations are installing either of these products because
    they are so crappy. I don't want to hear about it's new, blah, blah, blah. If
    it's not ready, it should not be released. Especially for more money then the
    previous version and more restrictions.
    Anyone wishing to join me in a well jusified group refund procedure please
    write me at,

    Help send a message

    Guest, May 24, 2007
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Based on your grammar, it is no wonder you are unable to comprehend the
    money-back offer already available from Microsoft. That you didn't research
    the availability of drivers for your hardware is YOUR stupidity, and not the
    fault of the OS. Same with your software. Check to see if it has a Vista
    version, then decide to move to Vista without your software or stay with
    your current system. 64-bit products are niche products, and for now not
    for most.

    John Barnes, May 24, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Based on your poor grammar and lack of logic, you must be psychologically
    disadvantged, so I won't bother belittling you for being an idiot. Now, go
    back to your D&D game.

    Guest, May 24, 2007
  6. You sure know how to make strangers easily.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 24, 2007
  7. Guest

    Test Man Guest

    Based on your complete ignorance, you sound like you like blaming your own
    mistakes on someone else. Fact is it's the manufacturer's fault for not
    providing Vista-compatible drivers and software. So if you upgraded without
    doing research, it's simply your fault.

    Test Man, May 24, 2007
  8. In all fairness, the upgrade was on Microsoft Updates. I took it in good
    faith too.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 24, 2007
  9. Guest

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    This would appear to be a reply to a different message than the one
    quoted. {?????}

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Tom Ferguson, May 24, 2007
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Microsoft issues a 64 bit system that is dependent on software drivers from
    other manufacturers who may or may not support the system, and you insist it
    is not Microsoft's fault? It is clearly their fault or they would have
    canvassed the mfg's, insisted on stable drivers then loaded them into the OS.

    Guest, Jun 19, 2007
  11. Microsoft has pushed strongly on vendors with drivers to get their X64
    support in line, and with Windows Vista we've stepped up the pressure in
    various logo programs and by enabling customer choice about which version to
    install. Despite what many people may think, Microsoft cannot force vendors
    to support X64. We can only strongly encourage and support them in doing so.

    As with most technology companies, being proactive is a difficult business
    decision to support so many vendors are taking a 'wait until we have
    sufficient customer demand' approach. Pointing the finger at Microsoft
    doesn't help when the problem is the larger Windows 3rd party industry
    support for X64.

    32-bit computing is reaching the breaking point. There are some transition
    technologies that will allow a single 32-bit application to break the 2GB
    barrier and use up to 4 GB of resources, but it only works if the user is
    running an X64 version of the OS. If your computer has more than 2 GB of RAM
    and a video card approaching 1 GB in size, a 32-bit OS is not going to let
    you get full use out all those resources for a single intensive application,
    although you can get some use from extra resources when running multiple
    applications. Once computers start coming with close to 4 GB of RAM, 32-bit
    versions of the OS stop making any sense at all.

    As with every technology transition, it is painful for those on the bleeding
    edge. The same was true for many years after the introduction of true 32-bit
    Windows instead of 16-bit Windows, although the total population of impacted
    users was smaller. The point is that we have to move to 64-bit computing if
    we are to keep up with hardware trends, and many companies are trying to
    delay that transition as long as possible rather than take it on
    proactively.

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Jun 19, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It's not Vista dumby, it's Windows XP Pro x64. Try to stay with us, if you
    wish to participate and be taken seriously. Geesh, some women!

    What you fools fail to realize is that a product needs an ecosystem to
    succeed. If the supporting ecosystem isn't in place, then guess what, things
    won't work. Therefore, the product will be found to be severely lacking in
    VALUE.
    Therefore, your product will be a shame and a rip-off because you failed to
    manage your partners and build an effective ecosystem.
    Waiting until release and then blaming your partners is a lame and
    unproductive tactic. We see this same lameness is leading to the sparse
    deployment of Vista, for the same reason: lack of a partner ecosystem.
    Bottom line, there are too many high paid microsoft staff who think like the
    "pass-the-buck" clowns on this board and the customer ends up scammed.
    Windows 64 isn't aweful. It's a testiment of the imcompetence that today's
    Marketing & Lawyer run corporations call, management.

    Some here say they have been running 64 for 2 years. Right, and using it for
    what, surfing the web?
    After months of tweaking, I finally have my 2TB RAID stable enough to
    actually use, but my Firewire and optical Audio Studio equipment still can't
    connect through either port.
    This OS, Like it's New Big Brother Vista, is definitely not ready for prime
    time and a complete waste of time and mobey to the normal buyer. I advise
    everyone to stick with Windows XP Pro for the next 2-3 years. It is the only
    product at this point from Microsoft that offers any real value.

    Guest, Jul 2, 2007
  13. Guest

    beewop Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?R2l2ZU1lQmFja015TW9uZXk=?=
    boogie woogie wooo

    beewop, Jul 5, 2007
  14. Guest

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    It must be a serious problem on your end. I capture, edit and output via
    firewire with Canopus Edius, Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas, on my
    XP64-system, since the day it was launched (officialy, I never participated
    in the beta's). Maybe it's time for another motherboard, because it sounds
    more like a hardware problem.
    Further I use a bunch of Adobe and Autodesk software, without a problem.
    No, I don't surf the web, as these are commercial production-machines, so
    not looking for a virus ;-)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jul 5, 2007
  15. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 24, 2007
  16. Guest

    myoldpc Guest

    Look I've been running XP PRO 64 for the last couple years now and so has my
    wife
    we both like it we have very few issues wit drivers or software unless its
    that old it has DINO crap on it ! I play the latest games use the newest ver
    of Paint shop pro and so on and I have an XFI platinum card that all features
    work on very well !

    myoldpc, May 28, 2008
  17. MS is not pushing XP Pro x64. It is not even available in a retail box.
    They don't run ads for it either. Vista x64 is another matter, but not XP
    Pro x64. You had to look specifically for it and determine that your
    hardware could handle it before you even got it.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 28, 2008
  18. Guest

    Dominick Guest

    So I put together this rocking computer with a 64-bit AMD Athlon,
    If you were researching a custom system to build, I assume you
    researched issues like the memory chips are compatible with the
    motherboard and system bus, video card connectors match cables to
    monitors, power supply load required, etc., why wouldn't you confirm
    there were drivers for the OS you intended to use?

    Dominick, May 28, 2008
  19. Guest

    Michael Guest

    How to buy vista 64-bit business?