    I havent used windows in a while, as I am a Linux user. Can
    anyone help?

    Thanks

    JesterDev, Dec 3, 2003

  2. It was on Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:31:08 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    IIRC you could use a 2000 CD to hack into Win 2000
    Or a linux boot disk -
    http://is-it-true.org/nt/atips/atips262.shtml
    Or another linux utility -
    http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

    Interesting article here too:-
    http://tinyurl.com/xgk0

    Doesn't say a lot for M$ security, IMHO.

    William Poaster, Dec 3, 2003

  3. JesterDev

    Patrick Guest

    Here is a link to a newsgroup article;

    Short link;
    http://tinyurl.com/xgn8

    Full link;
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...&q=Windows+2000+Pro+Lost+Password&sa=N&tab=wg

    Patrick, Dec 3, 2003
  4. JesterDev

    JesterDev Guest

    Thanks for the help. Found a linux boot disk
    that will work just fine. :)
    groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=082401c3728f%2422ea0e00
    24a301280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8
    26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3DWindows%2B2000%2BPro%2BLost%2BPassword%26sa%3DN%26tab
    3Dwg

    JesterDev, Dec 3, 2003
  5. JesterDev

    Billh Guest

    Billh, Dec 3, 2003
  6. JesterDev

    John Hudson Guest

    The Belarc Advisor will give you the information that you are looking for nt
    just for windows but all software installed

    www.belarc.com

    John Hudson, Dec 3, 2003
  7. John Hudson Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    Belarc will only give him info about what the machine has. Harddisk
    sizes/memory/etc....assuming he could logon to run it, which he can't.

    To the OP: Your best bet would be to reload them and give the admin
    password something you know. It will be easier in the long run...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Dec 3, 2003
  8. JesterDev

    nemo Guest