    settings that might help me?

    Cheers.

    Skot.

    Skot, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Skot

    Sultan Guest

    Skot wrote in
    What is the model of the printer you're using? Have these applications
    worked with this printer when printing from a different OS? Your problem
    may be that Windows 2000 does not let anything talk directly to hardware,
    this is the main reason it is so much more stable than Windows 98 or 95
    (ME was just a bad joke).

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Without knowing what type of printer this is, and what driver you're
    using, at the very least ... it's doubtful anyone can diagnose this. Does
    a test page print properly? Do you mean DOS-based applications when you
    say "text applications"? What are the specific apps involved?

    Tergiversative, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Skot

    LBM Systems Guest

    Skot,
    It sounds like you are trying to send an ascii job to shared
    printer defined as PCL. You can't send PJL commands as part of the
    payload, and your server is probably expecting printer-ready format
    (in this case, PCL), and instead you are sending an ascii file.
    LBM Systems (http://www.lbmsys.com) has many customers that use
    ascii applications for their output (QAD, Oracle, accounting,
    check-printing, etc.) that need to convert this output to PCL or PS.
    Our software runs on any Linux/UNIX/windows and can take this ascii
    output, add overlays & graphics from popular grapics programs, and
    manipulate the text in ways that produce printer ready PCL.

    Pat
    :)

    Pat
    :)

    LBM Systems
    http://www.lbmsys.com
    Business Critical Output Management
    Format, Deliver, Cluster, Retrieve and More!
    (800) 898.6434 (203) 966.0661

    LBM Systems, Jan 15, 2004