    As far as I know I uninstalled all of the codecs and both real playe
    and wmp still crash.

    Set

    kerrcromwell, Apr 28, 2005

  2. kerrcromwell

    un8bf Guest

    A quick fix may be to uninstall then reinstall wmp and rp, unless you
    like fiddling around with re-doing file associations, etc. Too many
    exotic codecs (those in packs) sometimes tend to give you more than
    you really need, and conflicts can arise. Get your specific codecs
    from the author's website or from reliable sites like afterdawn.com or
    videohelp.com

    un8bf, Apr 29, 2005

  3. kerrcromwell

    kerrcromwell Guest

    I already tried that too. What is odd its only on some files. Think i
    is avi encoded with dvix. But then streaming video over the net crashe
    the embeded player too. I think the site I am at has its movies encode
    with dvix

    kerrcromwell, Apr 29, 2005