    kerrcromwel
    kerrcromwell's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1218
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=181906588

    kerrcromwell, Apr 28, 2005

  2. kerrcromwell

    un8bf Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:55:21 -0400, kerrcromwell
    <> wrote:

    >I am having problems playing some video files saved on my computer and
    >on the net. I did not have this problem until i installed some codecs
    >on my computer. Now some files will still play and not crash my
    >player. I am not sure what I did to cause this. I do know that I
    >install gordian knot and some other codec packs i found on bare share.
    >As far as I know I uninstalled all of the codecs and both real player
    >and wmp still crash.
    >
    >Seth

    A quick fix may be to uninstall then reinstall wmp and rp, unless you
    like fiddling around with re-doing file associations, etc. Too many
    exotic codecs (those in packs) sometimes tend to give you more than
    you really need, and conflicts can arise. Get your specific codecs
    from the author's website or from reliable sites like afterdawn.com or
    videohelp.com

    un8bf, Apr 29, 2005

  3. kerrcromwell

    kerrcromwell Guest