Winamp3

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WCH, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. WCH

    WCH Guest

    I've tried the newsgroups more directly related to Winamp and mp3s and
    burning CDs, but not that many people post and fewer respond. This NG has
    been my best source of help, so here goes.

    I've used RealJukebox, and now RealOne, for playing mp3s and burning CDs and
    such. I've never liked it much but I got used to it.

    Recently I switched to Winamp3 because it makes and reads playlists in "m3u"
    format, which nearly everything can read, rather than "rmp", RealOne's
    proprietary playlist format that NOTHING reads. Winamp3's stable, flexible,
    etc. But I've got a few questions:

    1) Can Winamp3 be used to burn CDs? If it requires a plug-in, what is it
    and where is it?

    2) Does Winamp3 need a plug-in to play videos? I've tried to play some .avi
    files and some .mpgs but most don't play at all.

    3) Where is the most reliable source of information about this product?

    TIA -- WC

    WCH, Aug 15, 2003