    more importantly, what can I do to prevent the hiss when playing back
    with WinAmp?

    Thanks for all suggestions.

    fan, Feb 11, 2006

  2. fan

    HC Guest

    Hi,

    Change your output plugin (CTRL+P in Winamp). It's been a while since I
    troubleshooted it, but I believe you have a choice of DirectSound and
    Nullsoft WaveOut. I've seen some situations where one worked and the
    other didn't.

    Does the problem happen with a third player, say, Widows Media Player?

    HC

    HC, Feb 11, 2006

  3. fan

    fan Guest

    HC, thanks to your advice, the problem is now solved.

    The solution was to Ctrl+P, as you suggested, but not to change to
    Nullsoft WaveOut but to leave it on the DirectSound output, which was
    already chosen. Then click on Configure, and under Device, it had
    Primary Sound Driver. When that was changed to SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio,
    the audio cleared right up!

    Thank you *very* much!

    -fan

    fan, Feb 12, 2006
  4. fan

    NRen2k5 Guest

    Try changing the output plug-in WinAMP is using. Make sure your
    soundcard has the correct and most recent drivers.

    - NRen2k5

    NRen2k5, Feb 12, 2006
  5. fan

    NRen2k5 Guest