    of re-installing the software.

    Any help will be apprediated.

    TIA

    Brian, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Brian

    Boomer Guest

    Has she run her antivirus program?

    And maybe a few below?
    Install, at least, the first three.
    Check for updates weekly and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Boomer, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Brian

    °Mike° Guest

    If (and only if) it's a corrupt registry, you may be able to
    recover by restoring a previous good registry from DOS.

    Boot into DOS (hold the CTRL key at bootup and choose
    'Command Prompt Only'), and at the C:> prompt, type:

    scanreg /restore

    If this doesn't help, then there is something seriously wrong
    with your Windows installation or core files, and you should
    reformat/reinstall - the reformat is just in case it is due to
    a virus/worm/trojan.

    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Brian wrote in
    Thanks for the help, guys. Haven't had a chance to try it
    yet.

    Brian, Sep 28, 2003