Win7 went RTM today!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by R. C. White, Jul 22, 2009.

  1. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Gang.

    In case you missed it:

    "Microsoft Releases Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

    "REDMOND, Wash., July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Microsoft Corp. today
    announced the release to manufacturing (RTM) of Windows 7 and Windows Server
    2008 R2, the next versions of its flagship desktop and server operating
    systems."

    There's more, but I'm sure it's all over the newsgroups by now. Anybody
    who's interested may already know.

    Of course, RTM doesn't mean you can buy it today. But it does mean that the
    final code is locked down and won't change between now and GA (General
    Availability) on October 22, just 3 months from today.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 22, 2009

  2. Server also, by the way. :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 22, 2009

  3. R. C. White

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    Server? What's that? :^}

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 23, 2009
  4. My desktop OS. <G>

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 23, 2009
  5. R. C. White

    tsperling Guest

    AND - nVidia now has Win7 listed as an OS when you select your download!

    Still waiting for Asus to do the same.

    Tony. . .

    tsperling, Jul 24, 2009
  6. you could be waiting a LONG time...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 24, 2009
  7. R. C. White

    tsperling Guest

    I wouldn't be the least surprised!

    On the other hand - the things they do manage to ship, are often done with
    expedience, and this important announcement from MS could act as both a wip
    and a carrot?

    ;0)

    Tony. . .

    tsperling, Jul 24, 2009