    cursor) Before the reinstall (fresh to a ssd) it displayed the desktop
    right away (<3 secs) and then processed all the startup apps while the
    mouse cursor spun for 20-25 secs? Any idea why the change?

    Matt, Sep 2, 2010

  2. Matt

    VanguardLH Guest

    If this was a fresh install (so it was a new install), did you include
    installing all the drivers for your motherboard and all its devices?
    Visit the mobo maker's site and install their driver package for your
    unindentified brand and model of motherboard.

    VanguardLH, Sep 2, 2010

  3. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    Check in the event viewer for clues.

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010
  4. Matt

    Matt Guest

    This is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was because of my SOLID color desktop
    background screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=1735

    Changed to standard windows background and now it is instantaneous after I
    enter the password.

    What were they thinking???????????????????????

    Matt, Sep 3, 2010
  5. Yea I noticed that before too and figured that was what did it.

    monkeywintest, Sep 3, 2010
  6. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    How large was the solid desktop image you were loading?

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2010
  7. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Just choose the standard solid desktop from personalization

    Matt, Sep 3, 2010
  8. Matt

    Meat Plow Guest

    I'll do that next time I boot 7 up but that's usually not for weeks.

    Meat Plow, Sep 3, 2010