    available? I am planning to build a 2 node Cluster (with 2 AMD64 boxes) at a
    cheap price for fun & gathering experience. No, VMWare isn't an option.
    Thanks a lot for your response.

    w2k3e_install, Dec 17, 2007

  2. I suggest you ask about this over on a more appropriate newsgroup, such as
    microsoft.windows.server.clustering. Frankly, there's nothing 64bit specific
    about what you want to do.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Good advice .. thanks. Just curious (as I am very new to MS technologies),
    can you please tell how to go/navigate there? Thanks again.

    w2k3e_install, Dec 17, 2007
  4. I have no idea how to use the web interface to get there. I don't use the
    web interface. If you're running Windows Mail (Vista's version of Outlook
    Express) simply add it to your list of newsgroups under Microsoft
    Communities. For other newsreaders, the method should be similar.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2007
  5. w2k3e_install

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, w2k3e_install.

    Start here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

    Then thread your way through the menus. Its kind of like voice mail - Ugh!
    Which is part of the reason that Charlie - and I - and most experienced
    newsgroup users, can't stand the web-based interface. :>(

    MAYBE it's this one, but I can't be sure since I know nothing about servers
    and I see several other server newsgroup families:
    Discussions in SQL Clustering
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...oft.public.sqlserver.clustering&lang=en&cr=US

    I'll let you do your own homework from here. ;^}

    Or, just click here:

    That one click should start Outlook Express (if you are running WinXP or
    prior) or Windows Mail (if you are running Vista); create a News Account for
    the Microsoft public news server, which is public and does not require you
    to log on; subscribe you to that clustering NG; download the 300 latest
    message headers; and display the latest message for you to read. You can
    explore from there and read a few dozen messages; you will see that they are
    exactly the same messages that you read via the browser, but in a much
    different format. When you see how the newsreader works, you can click
    Tools | Options and customize it in many ways to fit the way you use it.

    If you like OE/WM, you will probably like the just-released Windows Live
    Mail even better; it runs in any recent version of Windows/Vista. To
    download that for free, go to:
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    Try it. I think you'll like it! ;<)

    RC