    weekend! I AM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!

    BTW - the new Maxtor has not been formatted or partitioned yet. Is this an
    issue? I thought Windows XP could do it as long as it saw it?!?!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006

  2. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    Okay I found Disk Management. Disk 1 (the Maxtor) is listed as: Disk 1 -
    Dynamic - 31.49 GB unallocated.

    HUH?!?! I have a 200GB HDD!

    Please someone help! This is way over my head!!!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006

  3. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    In Kyle :eek:) <> first attempted to communicate with
    pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    Okay it's now a Basic instead of a Dynamic - but still I have a 200GB HDD
    and WindBlows thinks I only have 31.49 GB!!!!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006
  4. Kyle :o\)

    doS Guest

    step away from the pc...format the damn drive Kyle...

    doS, Jul 7, 2006
  5. Kyle :o\)

    sittingduck Guest

    Run the Maxblast cd that came with the drive. Download it if you lost it.
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/maxblast.html

    sittingduck, Jul 7, 2006
  6. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    In sittingduck
    <> first attempted to communicate with
    pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain
    washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans
    exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    Didn't get a CD with the drive :(

    Thanks!!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006
  7. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    In doS <> first
    attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next used
    sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray
    paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for
    this:
    That's what I was trying to do. I thought Windows XP could format it for
    me!!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006
  8. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    In sittingduck <> first attempted to
    communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk
    chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and
    stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    I downloaded the ZIP file, opened it to the ISO file and then used WinRAR to
    place all the files onto my desktop where I burned a CD using Nero 6 -- but
    it would not boot up! I ran it 3 times in both CD/DVD drives!

    Arrrgh!!!! I hate this! I'm having troubles enough with my damned video
    card -- now this!!!!!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006
  9. Kyle :o\)

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    Okay this time I downloaded the ZIP file and just burned the ISO file to a
    CD - STILL NOTHING! I give up. This is more frustration thanh I can deal
    with at 10pm at night with no dinner in me because of trying to solve this
    stupid ATI graphic card issue (see next post)!

    Kyle :o\), Jul 7, 2006
  10. Kyle :o\)

    Pennywise Guest

    |>In |>sittingduck <> first attempted to
    |>communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next used sidewalk
    |>chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray paint and
    |>stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for this:
    |>>
    |>> Run the Maxblast cd that came with the drive. Download it if you lost
    |>> it. http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/maxblast.html
    |>
    |>I downloaded the ZIP file, opened it to the ISO file and then used WinRAR to
    |>place all the files onto my desktop where I burned a CD using Nero 6 -- but
    |>it would not boot up! I ran it 3 times in both CD/DVD drives!
    |>
    |>Arrrgh!!!! I hate this! I'm having troubles enough with my damned video
    |>card -- now this!!!!!

    Got a floppy drive? download Maxblast 4 and boot up with it
    http://tinyurl.com/5ppq4

    Run the file and it will create a bootable floppy.

    You might find humor with this as well, when I try to run it I get a
    DEP error :) - your usage may vary.

    Pennywise, Jul 7, 2006
  11. Kyle :o\)

    Plato Guest

    An iso is an image of a working cd. One has to burn as an image, NOT a
    regular data file. Still, the person
    who made the image may have not done it in a format that is compatible
    with many burning apps.

    Plato, Jul 7, 2006
  12. Kyle :o\)

    Plato Guest

    True. Still, many people who create cd images only test them on their
    "ONLY" pc, and they may not be that universal of an image file.

    Plato, Jul 7, 2006
  13. Kyle :o\)

    sittingduck Guest

    you don't have to boot from the cd. Just run the software from windows.
    It sounds like you are failing to properly burn the image, you could simply
    open the iso with winrar, and run the file from windows.

    sittingduck, Jul 7, 2006
  14. Um ... the ISO file is a "drive image." You do NOT open it and copy its
    files to a CDR if you want the CDR to be bootable. Rather, you use the
    "burn image" feature in Nero. The resulting CD will be bootable.
    Um ... maybe you should have googled for information first?
    Use fdisk to partition the drive. Then use format to format it, or use
    Disk Manager once the drive has been partitioned.
    I mean, this is BASIC SHIT, man! Sheesh!

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 7, 2006
  15. Kyle :o\)

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Kyle :eek:) wrote:
    |>
    |>> I downloaded the ZIP file, opened it to the ISO file and then used
    |>> WinRAR to place all the files onto my desktop where I burned a CD using
    |>> Nero 6 -- but it would not boot up! I ran it 3 times in both CD/DVD
    |>> drives!
    |>>
    |>> Arrrgh!!!! I hate this! I'm having troubles enough with my damned
    |>> video card -- now this!!!!!
    |>>

    |>you don't have to boot from the cd. Just run the software from windows.
    |>It sounds like you are failing to properly burn the image, you could simply
    |>open the iso with winrar, and run the file from windows.

    There's a reason it's a bootCD, the NT OS won't allow that type of HD
    access.

    Pennywise, Jul 7, 2006
  16. Kyle :o\)

    Plato Guest

    Or use another app. like:
    http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/index.html

    Plato, Jul 7, 2006
  17. Kyle :o\)

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Silly question, but it should be asked. Is your computer set to boot from
    cd first, or hd?

    Dustin Cook, Jul 7, 2006
  18. Kyle :o\)

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Aye, it is. I wonder tho if his computer is set to boot from hd first.
    Sadly, many vendors (including us) will set this mode once we're finished
    who want to know why the computer says "searching for boot record:
    cdrom"; they find it to be an irritation and want it to go away.
    hehehe..

    Dustin Cook, Jul 7, 2006
  19. Kyle :o\)

    sittingduck Guest

    wrote:
    No, the reason is so that you can format your drive with no OS.
    If you had any experience with maxblast, you would know that the cd runs from
    windows, OR from bootup.

    sittingduck, Jul 7, 2006
  20. Kyle :o\)

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Ignorance often causes panic. :(
    You wouldn't believe how many relatively harmless viruses are blamed for
    complete data loss due to the user panicking.

    Dustin Cook, Jul 7, 2006