    Need to verify or change my Outlook settings. Can anyone help with
    this?

    Thanks!

    Walden, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Walden

    why? Guest

    Version of OL?
    640MB is pushing thingsto far trying to run XP let alone OL.

    Some similar looking experiences, try reading existing info
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft+Outlook+Profiles+You+need+more+memory+or+system+resources

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Walden

    Walden Guest

    Was able to resolve this by running Outlook Repair from the CD.
    Thanks for considering my post.

    Walden, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Walden

    Walden Guest

    Walden, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Walden

    WhzzKdd Guest

    He said 640MB, not 640K <g>! A lot of XP systems are running on way less
    than 640MB.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007
  6. Walden

    why? Guest

    So did I. You would know that all other programs includes no task
    manager to show the 640MB, any AV anti spyware etc was all shut down?

    I use the best part of 500M just to startup, can't vouch for someone
    elses PC.

    However it's more like a DLL issue loading issue with memory / system
    resources hence the read some of the similar articles.

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2007
  7. Walden

    why? Guest

    Any idea what it did?

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2007
  8. Walden

    Mara Guest

    Yes, but they all suck.

    Mara, Feb 21, 2007
  9. Walden

    Walden Guest

    I'm clueless ... just trying to add a new email account in Outlook
    2002. After doing so, found out that Outlook was not sending the
    proper user/password for thew new account to Earthllink's email
    server, and was prompting me for the same information each time it
    attempted to connect. One of the fixes for this I discovered on the
    Web required me to use the Mail icon in the Control Panel, which
    didn't work until I did the Outlook repair. After finally getting the
    icon to function, I discovered that it really links to the "E-Mail
    Accounts" selection on the Outlook "Tools" menu and opens the same set
    of dialogs I had already used to set up Outlook before.

    A second fix to the user/password problem required a change to the
    registry, which I haven't done just yet.

    Walden

    Walden, Feb 22, 2007