    does mess up windows I should be safe)

    see the image (a screenshot of the error message):
    http://img41.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img41&image=winsp2_error.jpg

    *** JB, Aug 27, 2004

  2. *** JB

    SwissTony Guest

    Q) Why do I get an atapi.sys error when installing SP2

    The "Setup cannot copy the file atapi.sys." error is due to the file being
    locked by a virtual CD/DVD drive program like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, or
    Nero.

    To resolve the problem, either completely disable these applications -or-
    uninstall them prior to retrying the SP2 setup.

    However, some have found it necessary to go so far as renaming/deleting the
    existing atapi.sys file to bypass the error message.

    SwissTony, Aug 27, 2004

  3. *** JB

    *** JB Guest

    Thanks, unistalled Daemon Tools and it made further progress... however I
    now recieve another error message:

    "Failed to install catalog files"

    See the following screenshot of the error message:
    http://img59.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img59&image=sp2_error_b.jpg

    Any ideas....
    - getting very annoyed with these updates not working :(

    Thanks

    *** JB, Aug 27, 2004
  4. *** JB

    SwissTony Guest