    not..

    thanks
    umesh

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006

  2. It supports two processor sockets, each of which may use a multi-core
    processor.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2006

  3. There is currently no SP2 for Windows XP x64 Edition. Reportedly, one is in
    beta. In any case, Windows XP Professional, whether 32-bit or 64-bit,
    supports two processor sockets. If they're dual core, it still supports two
    sockets, so thus 4 processors.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 25, 2006
  4. Guest

    Admiral Q Guest

    Unless they are dual-core with hyperthreading on, as the Xeon series are,
    then XP thinks there are 8.

    Admiral Q, Aug 1, 2006
  5. whatever. My point remains unchanged. It's sockets that count.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2006