    domain. When booted up to the "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to begin" screen and
    you press CTRL-ALT-DEL nothing happens. Any ideas?

    Thank you.

    NJ, Jan 24, 2006

  2. NJ

    FML Guest

    First things first, does the keyboard work? Can you get into the BIOS by
    pressing a key on the keyboard while it is powering up? Can you go into
    safe mode by pressing the F8 key during boot up? Eliminate a bad
    keyboard first.

    FML, Jan 24, 2006

  3. NJ

    NJ Guest

    Keyboard works - the mouse pad works and I clicked on the HELP link and
    then used the spacebar to "press" the OK button on the HELP screen and
    that worked. I also tried the "CTRL-ALT" on both the left and right
    side of the keyboard.

    NJ, Jan 24, 2006
  4. NJ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In NJ spewed forth:
    Malware, I think. I seem to recall that happening to a coworkers computer.

    First, boot into safe mode and see if the ctrl-alt-del works. If it does,
    then get these installed and updated, then scan (also in safe mode):

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    Ad-Aware SE

    SpywareBlaster

    (all three of the above can be downloaded from http://download.com)

    Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta for XP
    <Http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en>
    or http://tinyurl.com/6fuq4

    Also update and run his AV scan (also in safe mode).

    Toolman Tim, Jan 24, 2006