    Thanks
    Vic
    Bootup in Safe Mode and get rid of buggy Norton.

    Vic, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Vic

    Blood Money Guest

    So the HDD boots when you connect it to a different system? In that
    case, the problem isn't the HDD, it's your system.

    It could be that the RAM has gone bad, something on the MB that has
    failed, or any number of things.

    You can download several system diagnostics tools and begin testing
    your system. Several of these include:

    Windows Memory Diagnostic from
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    memtest86-3.2.iso.zip (for Windows) from:
    http://www.memtest86.com/#download0

    The Ultimate Boot CD from:
    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    HTH